In preparation for surgery, I have been put on a 2 week Medifast diet. The idea is to shrink the liver before surgery. Probably just giving up wine for 2 weeks would make my liver shrivel up and die, but they say I gotta do this.
I feel like I'm getting away with something as I'm really only going to be doing Medifast for 12 days rather than 14. I don't think I'll miss those extra 2 days, let me tell you.
FYI - The shakes are total ass. The oatmeal smells like death, but I guess is edible. The beef stew wasn't bad.
For the most part, the day has gone ok. Now that it's 5:50, though, I'm starving and might eat my desk. I get one more meal and one more snack. That will be a package of soup and a bar.
Oh, also, they put me on a diuretic for my outrageously high blood pressure. Between the peeing and the total lack of food, I damn well better lose some weight this week!
Starting weight on my scale (which I'll use as I have access to it more, rather than the dr's scale that is 3.5 hours away. Plus, I'm several pounds heavier on his!) this morning: 239.2
I need to lose just under 80 pounds. 90 would be even better. I'd be over the moon with 50.
Holla.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ROFL at eating the desk - and holla - lol - added this to my google reader! sista
good luck with all that. i'm having birthday cake & pepsi and i'm going to enjoy my fat ass jiggling when i walk out of here today :)
Post a Comment