Friday, May 8, 2009

So much to say...

..so little motivation.

First things first: Scale today read 198.2! Finally under 200. BIG HOORAY! That's 56 pounds lost, 38.2 to go. And in 7 more pounds I get to be "overweight" instead of "obese". My BMI was over 40 when I started, and is down to 31. And... MYWEIGHTSTARTSWITHA1



Secondly: My run yesterday, not so hot. Gonna post it anyway, because... I dunno, just keepin' it real, homies.

Where I went wrong was... I missed my turn. By a LOT. And when I don't know exactly where I am or where I turn next, I start to get nervous. And when I get nervous, I fail. So it was going pretty poorly already because of the nerves when I met a great hill. About 1/4 mile in length, beginning at the 2.7 mile mark of my run. I just couldn't do it. I tried even walking for a bit and then restarting and no good.

So, I finished this one a bit shy of my goal, but I'm trying not to beat myself up over it. It's only the 2nd time I didn't finish (and I still ran over 2 miles both of those times), and I never missed a run in the whole 9 weeks. I know I don't take quitting lightly, so even though it doesn't seem as bad looking back at it, I know it was if I quit.

(side note, I ended up with a 2 MILE walk home after this fiasco)



Side note I don't think I've mentioned: I have a constant pain in my right side. They tell me it's the tubing rubbing against stuff. It's not debilitating or anything, just omnipresent and I figured I'd mention that just for the sake of a "did you know...?" and not because I need an excuse. It definitely wasn't why I quit yesterday.

This photo isn't exactly accurate, as my port is in the center and not way the hell over there, but you get an idea of where the tubing is that is giving me fits.



Finally: Couch to 5k ends tomorrow when I run the Smile with Me 5k at 9:15am. My goal when I signed up for this race (during week 3 of the program - I was a bit ambitious if not cocky) was simply to finish and to have RUN it. My secondary goal was to do it in less than 40 minutes, but if not, I don't much care. As long as I actually RUN the 5k, I'll have met my goal.

So, I will see you tomorrow with photos! Either of me dead on the ground or crossing the finish, whichever happens first.

I'll leave you with an updated ticker, since MY WEIGHT STARTS WITH A 1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey your blog is just great! very honest! I Love reading your updates. It truely inspires my journey! Thank-you!

Please visit my blog - I'd love to make some good friends out of this cause we do all have to stick together!

27 days till my op!! EEEK!!!

Will be reading up on all your posts for the great advice!

Thanks again

Allie <3