Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Still 2/3 Fat

Just checking in! The loss has been slow (after a hideous 2 week plateau, I'm on the way down again!). I'm actually ok with that considering what I've been eating! I have a little restriction from the first fill, but not nearly enough. I'd say I'm eating about 1/3 what I normally would. Need to cut that down to 1/4th or maybe 1/8th. ;)

The other day I had a salad from Panera and ate about half of it. I used to eat the whole thing AND a sandwich. At the mexican place I ate about 1/3 of my meal, and only about 6 or 8 chips. Big improvement over the entire meal plus 1/2 basket of chips (or more!). As you can see, I'm making healthy choices. LOL. I'm really eating whatever the heck I want, just less of it. Which is why it isn't bothering me that the scale is moving at a snail's pace. The fact that I'm eating whatever I want and still losing is just amazing to me! Once I get to real restriction, I'm going to have to start making better choices, I think. I still need to get my protein in and such, and if I'm having to do that on half the food I'm eating NOW, I might need to be more clever about it. At any rate, no complaints from me! Thrilled with the band so far (5 weeks out!).

In other news, I've always said if I lost this weight, I'd run a marathon. So, it might be time to start getting ready to put my money where my mouth is. I found one in February in Myrtle Beach, I might aim for that one. Considering I can't even WALK for 30 minutes without wishing I was dead, this is going to be quite a feat!!! I poked around the internet and found some different training programs for different stages of the game, and think I have put together a good 45 week training plan (the race is in 48 weeks, I think... this way if I get sick or need to repeat a week of the first part because it gets to hard, I can). I have a feeling all that planning isn't quite enough, though. I might actually have to do the running. Oh well, an excuse to buy expensive shoes is always appreciated.

This week: Week 1 of the Couch to 5k program.

The first 6 weeks it alternates running and walking, slowly building you to all running by week 7. That'll take me to May and by then it'll be perfect Ohio weather for outside running. I look forward to that, so that will be my first short-term goal.

In the meantime, I'll be alternating 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking. And looking for a good sports bra so I don't end up dead.

3 comments:

Laura said...

God. You have to eat less food, and no carbonated beverages, AND run?!?!? No thanks. I'll stay fat. :)

ChrissyW said...

lol @ the good bra!

Gwen said...

Try titlenine.com, they have great sports bras!
Great blog! I just started running/jogging too about a month ago. It's amazing how much progress you can make in just a month. I'm constantly amazed that I can actually run and not feel like I am dying. The lap band rocks!
keep it up girl--
gwen :)
p.s. check out my blog if you like, gwens-wls-journey.blogspot.com :)