*Edit - Next time I will add some salt and dried parsley to the dumplings*
I actually cooked Tues-Sat last week, which I haven't done in at least a year. I should have posted those WFDs to, but I didn't.
But, here's what we're having tonight. I have a coupon for a free pizza, I might have to use that, because the odds of my kids eating this are slim to none. Normally I just have a "take it or leave it" kind of attitude, but sometimes I feel guilty when I make something I know they won't eat. Not that this is offensive in anyway, they're just assy. ;)
Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Courtesy of Light&Tasty
3 celery ribs, chopped
1 cup sliced fresh carrots
3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
2/3 cup fat-free milk
In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute celery and carrots for 5 minutes.
Stir in the broth, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
simmer, uncovered. Add the chicken. For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and
milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 10-15
minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean (do not
lift cover while simmering).
Yield: 6 servings.
6 WW points, for those keeping score.
28g protein / 29g carbs for those keeping the other score.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment