The idea was to keep a journal all through training. I am a couple months late for that (of course), so I will simply utilize the first day of my running journal to say this to myself:
The first 5 weeks of running SUCK.BAD. Do not ever do them again. Whatever you do, make sure you can run for 30 minutes at a time so that you will not have to repeat this agony.
I've been through runs where I could barely get up the 2 back steps into the house, or walk for the next 2 hours. And that was running half a mile. Yeah, not looking forward to repeating that
Having said that, I just completed week 6, day 3 of Couch to 5k. A 2.25 mile run. It was my first run on the streets instead of the track. And it followed the first outdoor soccer game of the year (the day before). It was also my first run on the streets instead of the track. I did not want to go. I was sore, tired, nervous about the hills and hard concrete, and convinced I could even DO it. It amazes me that I can run more than 2 miles without requiring medical attention at the end. Even though I toughed it out for 2 months to get to this point, it still doesn't seem possible.
But, I did it. I could have gone further, and I wish I had just to see how far I could go.
There are still many miles (groan) and many pounds to go - but I think it's safe to say that this journey is officially underway. (It was tempting to spell it underWEIGH. You can thank me later that I didn't.)

(not sure what's with the dip. didn't happen. :P)

No comments:
Post a Comment