
As well as the figurative one of "omg I suck at running and I failed and why did I think I could do this in the first place".
I'm happy to report that I have slayed them both.

My run today was scheduled to be 2.75 miles. Considering I was supposed to run 2.5 on Sunday and failed horribly, I was not confident - to say the least. In fact, I spent Sunday and Monday feeling like a complete loser and failure. I was a nervous wreck about this run today. I just knew that if it didn't go well, I was going to lose it, big time.
I plotted out my route and off I went. The first half mile went very smoothly and I thought hey maybe I can still run.
By the time I got through the first 1.5 miles and was still feeling great*, I knew I had it. I decided just to take it all the way to a 5k. I needed it for my morale, and it worked.
So, I'm back in the game, and I've beaten both storms (it started to sprinkle just as I finished stretching! I just made it!). I think I better have another smoothie.
*The word "great" when used in a post about running can be assumed to be implied in a very relative manner. I felt great as in "I'm sweaty and hot and can't breathe, but I think I can finish!". Not to be confused with "sitting pool side with an ocean view and a margarita" great.

1 comment:
I haven't been able to get over the 2.5-mile hump yet, myself, so your victory is an inspiration. Well done!
Post a Comment