Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 21th 2009 - C25K W7D1 (backdating)

(last of the backdated posts, then we can be current yay)

2.5 mile run.

I chart these out on Google and don't think I can do it because I swear it looks like it's around the whole damn town.

I am noticing that it takes almost exactly a mile for me to get in the groove. This also confuses me as I don't ever expect to actually be able to run a whole mile. Nevermind 2.5. The first half mile I am pretty unhappy, but eventually I settle in.

Today I noticed a change in my inner dialog now that I am off the track and running straight through. Where I used to encourage/negotiate with myself "just one more lap!", I now basically say "STFU and get over it, you still have 2 more miles to go, fatty."

Tomorrow I am going to try a new strength class at the Beautiful People Gym. My lone hope is that I'm not the token fatty.

No comments: