Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Tale of the Jeans

One would think hope pray that after one has lost 30 pounds, one could go down a size in jeans.

As my lovely size 20s are getting rather baggy, and the crotch is drooping seemingly to my knees, I thought perhaps my time had come. I went to the "maybe someday I'll get back into these" shelf of the closet (C has one too, hee hee!). I found 2 or 12 pairs of 18s just there waiting for me.

Grabbed the top pair - jeans as it were, and tried them on. Got them pulled up, with a little wiggling. Got them buttoned with a lot more, and some gasping and I think I pulled a muscle in my arm. But, they were buttoned! As long as I didn't inhale. Or exhale. Or have a pulse. Now to zip... The zipper got stuck halfway up. I pulled and pulled and nada. Finally decided to give up and take them off. Imagine my horror when the zipper wouldn't go DOWN, either.

So, uh, I think I'll stick to the 20s for another 5 or 40 pounds.

225.8 this morning. Slug Slug Slug. Can't wait for that first fill in 2 weeks!

2 comments:

ChrissyW said...

ha ha ha!!!!!

Losing Jusme said...

it took me at least 50 to go down a size then it was quick. now it's slow again. you're doing great!