Figured I'd post this as this is the first time in months I've cooked 3 days in a row. Old standby recipe we've been having for years. We actually haven't had it in a while because it no longer made enough to feed the 7 of us, but now that I can only eat 1/3 of one, I think it'll be ok again.
7 points per enchilada without the sour cream, in case you wondered. :)
Enjoy!
Fiesta Enchiladas
8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
2 c tomato juice
1½ c shredded iceberg lettuce
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 c seeded, chopped tomato
1/2 lb ground chuck
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 16oz can fat free refried beans
2 c low fat shredded cheddar cheese
Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Combine tomato juice, oil and seasoning mix. Stir well. Brown ground chuck in skillet; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup tomato juice mixture and beans. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until heated. Stir occasionally; remove from heat. Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture and 2½ tbs cheese down center of tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam down in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Pour remaining tomato mixture over casserole. Cover and bake for 35 minutes or until heated. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle lettuce, tomato and avocado over enchiladas; serve with sour cream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment